A number of SHTM staff members, including Professor Kaye Chon, Professor Cathy Hsu, Professor Kam Hung, Professor Sam Kim, Professor Dimitrios Buhalis, Professor Peter Kim, Dr Henry Tsai, Dr Qu Xiao, Dr YooHee Hwang, Dr Daniel Leung, Dr Crystal Shi, Dr Maxime Wang and Dr Mahlagha Darvish Motevali attended the 20th APacCHRIE Conference in Malaysia on 23-25 May 2022.
- Professor Sam Kim, President of APacCHRIE, delivered a welcome message at the opening ceremony. His term as president will come to an end in July 2022, after which he will serve as Immediate Past President.
- Professor Chon, Founding Chairman of APacCHRIE, delivered opening and closing remarks.
- Professor Hsu, Professor Buhalis and Professor Peter Kim attended the "Meet the Editors" session.
- Dr Xiao and Mr Steve Hood from STR shared the "Hotel Industry Update and Research Opportunities".
- Dr Hwang and Professor Sam Kim presented a co-authored paper entitled "Tourists' Impulsive Purchases of Luxury Goods and Experiences: Focusing on the Role of Escapism".
- Professor Hung presented a co-authored paper entitled "Rethinking Overtourism from the Perspective of Destination Lifecycle".
- Dr Darvish Motevali and Professor Sam Kim presented a co-authored paper entitled "COVID-19: The Effect of Job Insecurity on Hotel Employees' Behavioral Performance Through the Lens of Mental Health".
- Dr Shi and Dr Wang presented a co-authored paper entitled "When Do Abusive Managers Experience Embarrassment and Make Amends for Abusive Actions?".