Professor Kaye Chon,
Dr Qu Xiao,
Dr Ksenia Kirillova and Ph.D. students
Mr Mohammad Islam,
Mr Fuad Mehraliyev,
Ms Lucy Liu,
Ms Shirley Zhang and
Ms Lorraine Zhang attended the 24th Annual Graduate Education and Graduate Student Research Conference in Hospitality and Tourism in Houston, USA on 3-5 January 2019.
- Professor Chon delivered opening remarks and participated in a panel session entitled
"Top 3 Do's and Don'ts".
- Dr Xiao and
Ms Lorraine Zhang presented a co-authored paper entitled
"What Drives the International Acquisition of Firms from Emerging Economies? Evidence from Chinese Lodging Firms".
- Dr Kirillova participated in a panel session entitled
"Transitioning from a PhD Student to a Faculty Member".
- Mr Islam and
Dr Kirillova presented two co-authored papers entitled
"Nonverbal Communication in Hospitality: At the Intersection of Gender and Religion" and
"Nonverbal Communication in Hotels: A New Way to Conceptualize Co-Creation of Experiences".
- Mr Mehraliyev presented two co-authored papers entitled
"What Affects Tourists' Use of Social Media in Travel Decision?" and
"Expert Power of Social Media Platforms: Examining the Effects of Experience and Specialization".
- Ms Liu presented a co-authored paper entitled
"Conceptual Framework for Robot Adoption by Hotels".
- Ms Shirley Zhang presented a co-authored paper entitled
"Educating Visitors: Experiential Learning on Greenways".