Co-organised by the School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management at Temple University and the SHTM, the inaugural China Tourism Forum 2019 – USA will be held on 21-22 July in Philadelphia, USA. The organisers welcome Fliggy, the travel brand of Alibaba Group, as their strategic partner.
China is one of the world's largest tourism source and destination countries, and its tourism exchange with the USA is growing at a
particularly fast pace. In 2017, 3.2 million Chinese tourists visited the USA and 2.31 million tourists travelled from the USA to China. China is now the USA's top source market in terms of visitor spending, and the USA is China's largest long-haul source market. However, future travel between these countries may be affected by factors ranging from ongoing trade tensions to new visa policies, creating tremendous opportunities and challenges for the respective tourism industries. More strategic
dialogue between hospitality and tourism researchers and industry leaders in China and the USA is thus needed.
The China Tourism Forum, a major annual event for both academics and industry practitioners in China's tourism and hospitality industry, has been held in mainland China and Hong Kong since 2004. Building on its 14 years of success, the forum will be held outside China for the first time this year. Combining cutting-edge research and practice and connecting Western thinking with
Eastern wisdom, the China Tourism Forum 2019 – USA will offer novel insights into China's tourism and hospitality market and foster cooperation and exchange between academics and industry practitioners in the field.
* More academic and industry speakers to be confirmed
Taking the theme "Riding Opportunities
Ahead", the Forum will focus on a broad range of current topics relevant to hospitality and tourism around the world, with a particular focus on China. The organisers invite research abstracts on topics including, but not limited to, the following:
|Emerging Issues in China's Inbound and Outbound Tourism
||Big Data and Marketing
|Culture and Tourism Development
||Innovation and Entrepreneurship
|Tourism and Hospitality Investment in China and Chinese Investment in Tourism and Hospitality
||Destination Image and Branding
|Information and Technology Development and Smart Tourism in China
||Green Tourism and Corporate Social Responsibility
|Human Resource Management in China's Tourism and Hospitality Industry
||"One Belt One Road" and Tourism
|Business Ethics in China's Tourism and Hospitality Industry
||Regional Tourism Policy, Planning, and Development
||Sharing Economy in China
|Chinese Tourist Behaviour
||Tourism Economics in China
||Other papers related to the theme of the Forum
(For academic track only)
The authors of selected papers presented at the forum may be invited to submit their research to the following top-tier journals for publication
- To present in the academic track of the forum, applicants are invited to submit a 2-page abstract in English. The first page should be a cover page indicating the author's name
and affiliation only. Every abstract should be double-spaced and in 12-point font.
- All submissions should be sent to Dr Yang Yang (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a double-blind review.
- The deadline for submission is 22 April 2019, and notification of acceptance will be provided by 17 May 2019.
- Once a paper has been accepted, at least one of the authors must register to present the paper at the forum.
papers will be included in the conference proceedings (in pdf format).
- For enquiries, please contact Dr Yang Yang (email@example.com), The U.S.-Asia Center for Tourism and Hospitality Research, School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management, Temple University.
- Asia Pacific Journal of Tourism Research (SSCI listed)
- Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing (SSCI listed)
- Journal of China Tourism Research
- Tourism, Culture & Communication
- International Journal of Event and Festival Management
DoubleTree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City
237 S Broad St, Philadelphia
PA 19107, USA
||Early bird (by 21 June)
||Regular (after 21 June)
|Student (with valid student ID)
|Educator, Faculty and Researcher
|Industry Professional and Publisher
For further information, please
https://sthm.temple.edu/china-tourism-forum or contact Dr Qu Xiao (firstname.lastname@example.org), SHTM, or Dr Xiang (Robert) Li (email@example.com), The U.S.-Asia Center for Tourism and Hospitality Research, School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management, Temple University, USA.