PolyU offers a range of financial assistance to students participating in our international student exchange; eligibility and amounts may vary by destination and duration. Please refer to the University's International Affairs Office Website.
The SHTM also offers scholarships to outstanding students with financial needs to cover the exchange expenses, via a SHTM Student Exchange Scholarship.
SHTM Student Exchange Scholarship
The School offers an HKD9,000 scholarship to a full-time, UGC-funded SHTM undergraduate student who is participating in a one-semester overseas student exchange programme. The selection criteria include:
- An outstanding track record of non-academic and academic involvement, a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or above, and active participation in PolyU or SHTM activities.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Fluent in English, Putonghua, or other foreign languages.
- Independent, outgoing, flexible, and sociable personality.
- Initiative, drive, and a willingness to see things through to the end.
- Strong preparation for the proposed course of exchange study.
- An intellectually well-rounded and broad set of interests.
- A clear understanding of how and why the exchange study or internship will enhance their career goals in the hospitality and tourism field.
- The potential to act as an ambassador and positive representative for the SHTM while abroad, and upon return, as a positive spokesperson for the host country and University.
- Students applying for the scholarship need to demonstrate financial need. The scholarship will be awarded based upon the student's financial need, on top of the above selection criteria.