Call for Participants Confirmed Speakers Eligibility, Application Procedures and Related Issues Online Application Contact Details
- Current PhD students or Post-doctoral research fellows with research interests in tourism and hospitality.
- An eligible applicant should be recommended by his/her supervisor(s) with the consent of the affiliated institution.
- The applicant must submit a synopsis of his/her PhD thesis proposal of no more than 800 words in English or Chinese to be reviewed by an expert panel. Only those whose proposals are accepted will be invited to attend the Summer School.
- Applicants must complete the online application form and submit the following documents online on or before 23 May 2019:
- a recommendation letter with referee’s signature;
- an approval letter with institutional/departmental stamp of the applicant’s affiliated institution/department using the template provided; and
- a synopses of their PhD thesis proposals using the template for Research Design Proposal.
- Postdoctoral Fellows can submit a research paper proposal of no more than 800 words. The cover page of synopsis should include the title of the research, name of author, affiliated institution, correspondence address, email address and acknowledgement if any.
- The main body of the synopsis should include the following information: Research Objectives, Scope and Background of Research, Methodology, Project Significance and Value and References.
- The organizing committee will acknowledge receipt within ten working days upon receipt of the completed application documents.
- The notification of successful applications will be sent out by email on or before 20 June 2019.
- The registration fee is HK$3,500 per person. This registration fee covers all lectures, workshops, seminars, field trips and the associated teaching and learning materials.
- The applicants themselves will be responsible for the costs incurred in connection with their attendance of the Summer School, which include the transportation cost, accommodation, meals and insurance.
- The organizer has booked a fixed amount of 9-person suites in the Hong Kong Polytechnic University Student Hall of Residence for the participants, subject to availability and on a first come first served basis. The Hall Management, however, reserves the right to make a final decision on room allocation. The accommodation cost is HK$220 per person per night. For more information about the student halls, you may refer to their website at: http://www.polyu.edu.hk/hall/index.php/homantin-halls. For meals, the participants may consider various options/restaurants at TST East where the School is located.
Methods of Payment
- Online Credit Card Payment
The Online Card Payment method accepts Visa and MasterCard (Worldwide Acceptance) and Union Pay card (issued by banks in the Chinese Mainland, and specified Union Pay credit cards issued in Hong Kong and Macau). However, credit cards like Diners Club and American Express are not accepted. Online payment website will be ready in June 2019.
- Bank draft/Cheque
It should be payable to "The Hong Kong Polytechnic University" and in Hong Kong dollar currency. On the back of the bank draft/cheque, please write down your name in block letters and send it to Miss Ada Lam at the following address: Room TH711, 7/F, School of Hotel and Tourism Management, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, 17 Science Museum Road, TST East, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Deadline for applications: 24 June 2019
- Notification of successful applications: 2 July 2019
- Check-in date of Summer School : 4 August 2019