5th Wine and Hospitality Management Workshop
CALL FOR PAPERS
5th Wine & Hospitality Management Workshop
11-12 April 2023 – The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
The Alliance for Research on Wine and Hospitality Management invites you to submit research proposals for presentation at the “5th Wine & Hospitality Management Workshop”. It is designed to be a small-scale, high-quality workshop, allowing for intense interaction between participants and practitioners. The Scientific Committee will review submissions for presentation at the workshop. A discussion will follow each presentation. Presenters of accepted papers agree to act as discussants.
We welcome submissions on topics of general interest to wine and hospitality research. Special consideration will be given to, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Environmental, cultural, and socioeconomic issues related to wine and hospitality businesses;
- Wine, culinary, or gastronomy tourism;
- Wine consumer behavior or experience management;
- Analysis and forecasting of demand and prices for wine and/or restaurants;
- Investments in the wine and/or restaurant markets;
- Marketing and branding of wineries and/or restaurants;
- Organizational and governance issues of restaurants and/or wineries;
- Optimal design and management of wine lists in restaurants;
- Innovation and entrepreneurship in wine and hospitality businesses;
- Technology and social media in wine marketing and distribution;
- Counterfeit wine and security issues in wine distribution and consumption.
The submission deadline is 31 January 2023. We welcome full papers and extended abstracts (min. 2,000 words, incl. information on the research question, data, methodology, and preliminary results). Please email a PDF file with author affiliations and an anonymous PDF file to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
The authors of accepted abstracts will be informed by 20 February 2023 and asked to submit a draft of the full paper by April 1st. After the workshop, authors of all papers presented at the workshop will be invited to submit their full papers for consideration for publication in a special issue of the International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management (IJCHM, IF= 9.321). Submitted papers will first go through an initial evaluation by the guest editors of IJCHM for their suitability before going through a standard double-blind review process. An invitation to submit the paper to the special issue is no guarantee that it will be accepted for publication. Further details about the conference and the special issue(s) will be posted on the Alliance website shortly.
The School of Hotel and Tourism Management at the Honk Kong Polytechnic University will host the workshop, which includes a social program with a conference dinner and an optional tour before or after the workshop. The regular fee will be about 300€. Students will be offered a discounted rate. Participants should arrive by Monday, April 10th to guarantee a full 2-day workshop.
This workshop is an annual event organized by the Alliance for Research on Wine & Hospitality Management created in 2017 by the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business, EHL Hospitality Business School, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University School of Hotel & Tourism Management, Kedge Business School, and the Free University of Bozen/Bolzano. The Alliance aims to promote excellent research in the fields of Wine & Hospitality Management.