To be considered for this programme, applicants must possess an MSc in Hotel and Tourism Management or equivalent. In addition, they must also meet one of the following requirements:
- A minimum of one year of full-time teaching experience in tourism and/or hotel management at a recognised post-secondary institution plus at least one year of work experience at the supervisory or managerial level in the hotel, tourism, or related industries; or
- Substantial and relevant work experience (normally of not less than four years at the supervisory or managerial level) in the hotel, tourism, or related industries; or
- At least five years of teaching experience in tourism and/or hotel management.
English Language Requirements
Applicants who are not native English speakers, or whose bachelor's or master's degree is awarded by an institution where the medium of instruction is not English, must provide one of the following as proof of language proficiency:
- A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of at least 580 for the paper-based test, or 237 for the computer-based test or 92 for the iBT-based test; or
- A Band Score of at least 6.5 overall in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Applicants should submit the following documents together with their completed application form:
- A self-recommendation letter, including a self-introduction, career aspirations, and reasons for pursuing study in this programme (400 words or less);
- A master's degree graduation certificate (see notes below);
- Copies of transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (see notes below);
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Applicants whose qualifications were attained from Mainland China must provide the Academic Credential (學歷證書) to prove that they have completed the academic learning in an institution under the Ministry of Education (MoE) system and were admitted to the institution in accordance with the MOE's standards.
- Further to the above, relevant applicants must also provide a Degree Certificate (學位證書) to certify the level of academic attainment (i.e., Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate level) and to confirm that the certificate was issued by the tertiary institution approved by the MoE.
- The School considers applications on a rolling basis until all places are filled. Applicants are highly encouraged to apply for admission as early as possible.